Suffering from hypertension? Here is how flaxseeds can help work miracles for your heart | Photo Credits: Pixabay
- The scientific name of flaxseeds is Linum usitatissimum
- Flaxseeds can easily fall under the category of super foods due to their immense health benefits
- Here is what you need to know about hypertension and flaxseeds
New Delhi: The condition of high blood is also known as hypertension. This condition is marked by an elevated pressure exerted by blood on the walls of the blood vessels present in the human body. It is a common health condition among adults and can lead to health problems such as cardiovascular diseases, aneurysm, and even stroke. Some common factors contributing to the risk of developing hypertension include obesity, pregnancy, and diabetes. There are various ways to manage hypertension. A balanced diet is one of the most prominent ways, however, have you ever wondered what foods can be the most effective?
Flaxseeds and hypertension
According to information published in Pub Med Central called the “Flaxseed for hypertension: implications for blood pressure regulation”, it was found that flaxseeds have the potential to naturally lower blood pressure levels in the body, thereby, aiding hypertension management. You can easily add flaxseeds to your diet and consume them ground, whole, or in form of its oil.
Other health benefits of flaxseeds
Here are some health benefits offered by flaxseeds:
- Blood sugar management: Flaxseeds can help lower blood sugar levels in the body. This can be a helpful food for people suffering from type 2 diabetes.
- Aids digestion: Flaxseeds are a rich source of dietary fibre. This makes them a promoter of healthy digestion. It can also help keep stomach problems such as gas, constipation, and bloating at bay.
- Protein-rich: Flaxseeds are a rich source of protein. Therefore, if you are working on muscle building, you can consume flaxseeds and wait for wonderful results.
- Cholesterol friendly: Cholesterol is a common issue among people as it increases the risk of developing cardiovascular and other diseases. Flaxseeds can help raise HDL, or good cholesterol and lower LDL, or bad cholesterol.
- Weight loss friendly: Because flaxseeds are a rich source of fibre, they can help promote digestion and healthy metabolism. These properties can contribute directly to healthy weight loss.
Apart from a healthy diet, make sure that you are keeping yourself physically active and refraining from alcohol consumption and smoking. Furthermore, do not forget to stay hydrated.
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentioned in the article are for general information purpose only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always consult your doctor or a dietician before starting any fitness programme or making any changes to your diet.
Get the Latest health news, healthy diet, weight loss, Yoga, and fitness tips, more updates on Times Now