Tribune News Service
Chandigarh, October 2
Chandigarh reports five deaths and 155 COVID-19 cases on Friday, taking the death total to 169.
The coronavirus tally stands at 12,212.
1. A 38-year-old woman from Sector 27 died at Sohana Hospital, Mohali. He had diabetes and hypertension.
2. A 54-year-old man from Sarangpur passed away at GMCH-32. He had mellitus and hypertension.
3. A 61-year-old woman from Manimajra died at GMCH-32. She had type-2 diabetes mellitus and hypertension.
4. A 74-year-old man from Sector 51 died at PGIMER. He suffered from type-2 Diabetes Mellitus and ARDS.
5. An 85-year-old man from Sector 35 died at Fortis Hospital, Mohali. He had acute lung injury, hypertension and SARI.
About 153 patients have been discharged, including people from home isolation, who have completed 10 days and are asymptomatic, as per MoHFW guidelines.
The UT records 1,881 active cases.